Safe Cities LA: 2019 Annual Assembly
’Belonging and Displacement: Uniting Heads, Hearts, and Hands’
On June 22, 2019, The US National Committee Los Angeles for UN Women proudly presents our 4th Annual Assembly; ’Belonging and Displacement: Uniting Heads, Hearts, and Hands’.
This event will feature the global work of United Nations Women while honoring local efforts here in Los Angeles.
We endeavor to probe the realities of displacement and share stories, experiences, innovative tools and approaches for greater belonging.
Honorees will be presented with a certificate of achievement.
Attendees will enjoy networking before/after the event, a raffle, silent auction, a delicious buffet lunch, and fabulous art!
TICKETS - WE INVITE YOU TO CO-CREATE A WORLD OF GREATER BELONGING
Each attendee's ticket will also come with swag + a free ticket to our follow-up design thinking workshop! We intend to give out the same number of dignity kits to impact persons.
- General Admin: $45 (Non-Members)
- General Admin: $35 (Members)
- Students, Seniors, Military Admin: $25
* Contact email@example.com for money orders and if you prefer to be invoiced via paypal.
** Scholarships are available. Follow us on social @unwomenla to learn more or Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
BE A COMMUNITY PARTNER OR PROUD SPONSOR!
Our partners are important to us! One of favorite Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) has always been Goal #17, Global Partnerships - things always seem to work out better, when we work together!
We know making a difference in the lives of women and girls is important to you. This is why we are excited to offer sponsorship and tabling opportunities to local organizations making a real difference for all women and girls in Los Angeles.
When you become a proud sponsor of Uniting Heads, Hearts, and Hands and/or purchase a table to showcase your programming, products or services you will have the opportunity to;
- Enjoy extensive exposure and recognition
- Put your marketing message in front of over 250 highly influential attendees.
- Reach thousands of invitees through the inclusion of our promotional materials - over 50,000 members, supporters, and constituent will receive our invitation and promotions.
Your contributions will impact the lives of women and girls locally and globally by supporting UN Women’s work to:
- Educate world leaders on gender equality issues and solutions
- Influence policy, global standards, and norms to achieve gender equality
- Fund programs to end gender violence, achieve economic empowerment for women and increase women’s participation in peace, security, and governance efforts in their communities and around the world
GIVING IN LOS ANGELES
Support impacted women by attending our event. Bring one or more of the items listed below and LA on Cloud 9 will distribute to an impacted woman or girl in Service Planning Area (SPA) 6 or 9.
- New Dental and Menstrual Hygiene, Shampoo/Conditioner, Soap, Body Wash, Wipes, Deodorant, Lotion, Combs.
- New Socks, and New Undergarments.
- Gently used clothing
*All products must be new and unopened.
*All clothing must be new or gently used.
Thank you for all that you do to make the world a safer, equitable and more resilient place for all women and girls!
** Donations of any amount will be gladly accepted, and all donors will be recognized. USNC-LA is a charitable 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All donations are tax deductible and benefit the UN Women policy development program.