The San Francisco Bay Area Chapter was launched in June 2009 as a chapter of the United States National Committee of UN Women, the women’s fund at the United Nations. We came together to raise awareness and funds to support the work of UN Women and, through our efforts, hope to encourage ourselves and others to become involved in advancing women's rights around the world. Our activities include the following at the local level:
- Partnering with other chapters and like-minded organizations to raise awareness of global women's issues
- Educating the public on global women’s issues and UN Women through documentary screenings, discussions and lectures
- Advocating for legislation on global women’s issues, especially on leadership, economic participation, ending violence against women, and peace and stability
- Advocating for funding for UN Women through US Congress
- Developing a network of members who support and fund UN Women's activities and global women’s rights
Become a USNC-UN Women member and remember to select the San Francisco Bay Area Chapter. You can also donate to our SanFrancisco Bay Area Chapter to help us support the work of USNC-UN Women!
If you are interested in learning more or would like to volunteer, please send us an email at
Discover more about the work of UN Women.